One of the really great things about the new blog software we're using, is that there is a large community of people creating plug-ins and customizations for anyone to use. This site would not be possible without these tools, and the assistance of their authors. Deepest gratitude to the entire Wordpress community for making these features possible:
- The "Hot Topics" section on the left side of the front page was custom built (!) just for us by the very generous Scott Reilly. It is based on his Recently Commented plug-in.
- Auto-hyperlink URLS makes web addresses in your comments into links, also by Scott Reilly. He's got some other cool stuff that we may add here later.
- Comment self-authorization is what allows you to authorize your own comments by e-mail, written by Scott Merrill.
- Our Master Index is made possible by Sortable Nicer Archives by Laughing Lizard (who also made a great back-up function - let's hope we never need it).
- The ability to send a post to a friend is thanks to Lester Chan's WordPress 1.2 E-mail.
- Carthik Sharma has been very helpful. I used his excellent Guide to moving from MovableType to WordPress, including the improved MovableType import tool posted at ScriptyGoddess.
- The subscribers to the OrangePolitics.org Reader's Digest list served as beta testers of the new site. (OK, mostly just Terri and some of the authors, thanks!)
- ... and the wonderful developers (and documentors) of WordPress.